England and Scotland Tour
8 Days & 7 Nights
Start From: 1,284 Euro per person
Day 01: LONDON - STONEHENGE - SALISBURY - BATH - BRISTOL
Morning view Stonehenge, site of the mysterious ancient monoliths. See Salisbury Cathedral, featuring Britain's tallest spire. In the city of Bath - famous for hot springs first discovered by the Romans over 2,000 years ago - with time to maybe visit the Roman Baths. Marvel at elegant Georgian architecture in the city's squares where two of Jane Austen's novels were set. Arrive later at your hotel in Bristol. Hotel: Ibis Bristol Temple Meads Quay
Day 02: BRISTOL - CHESTER - LAKE DISTRICT
Cross the River Severn to Wales and follow the Wye Valley. View the ruins of Tintern Abbey, a Cistercian abbey which has inspired both painters and poets. Continue north to Chester to view the Roman Walls, the cathedral and the black and white timbered buildings, known as the 'Rows'.
Meal(s): (Full Breakfast / Dinner), Hotel: Holiday Inn Lancaster
Day 03: LAKE DISTRICT - GLASOW
Visit the village of Grasmere where the poet, William Wordsworth, lived and wrote his most acclaimed poem, 'The Daffodils'. Enjoy spectacular views of Lake Windermere as you head north to the Scottish border and stop at Gretna Green, where eloping couples married against their parents' wishes. Cross the Southern Uplands to Glasgow, one of Europe's liveliest cities.
Meal(s): (Full Breakfast), Hotel: Ibis Glasgow
Day 04: GLASGOW - SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS
See Glasgow's sights during your orientation tour. Drive north through incredible scenery into the Scottish Highlands and follow the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond. Continue via pretty Oban - famous for its distillery - and Fort William, which lies in the shadow of the UK's highest mountain, Ben Nevis, whose summit stands at 4,409 feet above sea-level. Dine tonight at your Highland hotel in Aviemore, a well-known Scottish ski resort in the Cairngorms National Park, which is also renowned as a centre for hill walking.
Meal(s): (Full Breakfast / Dinner), Hotel: Academy/Aviemore Inn
Day 05: SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS - ST. ANDREWS - EDINBURGH (FALKIRK) (2 NIGHTS)
Drive through Pitlochry, famous for salmon fishing, where a 'fish ladder' on the dammed river helps the salmon swim upstream to spawn. In St. Andrews, where Prince William went to university, stop to take a picture of the 18th hole at the home of golf, where the game has been played for over 600 years!
Meal(s): (Full Breakfast), Hotel: Airth Castle
Day 06; EDINBURGH SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME
Your expert Local Guide shows you the city's sights, including the Royal Mile, Princes Street and the famous castle, where the Edinburgh Tattoo takes place annually. Spend free time exploring on your own and don't forget to shop for souvenirs. Tonight, you might like to attend a lively Scottish banquet with traditional haggis and bagpipe music!
Meal(s): (Full Breakfast)
Day 07: EDINBURGH - YORK - LEEDS
From Edinburgh, cross the Border country back into England and drive through Northumberland National Park, and see part of Hadrian's Wall, which was built in of Emperor Hadrian's visit in 122 AD. Continue south, crossing the River Tyne at Newcastle, and arrive in York, a city of extraordinary cultural and historical wealth. Your Travel Director takes you on a walk through the web of quaint, narrow streets known as the Shambles and shows you York Minster, one of the most beautiful Gothic cathedrals in the world. Finish the day in Leeds, where you dine tonight at your hotel.
Meal(s): (Full Breakfast / Dinner) Hotel: Jurys Inn Leeds (F)
Day 08: LEEDS - COVENTRY - STRATFORD-UPON-AVON - LONDON
In Coventry, view the old and new cathedrals, which stand side by side. The old cathedral was all but destroyed during the Blitz in 1940. Following a competition in 1950 for a suitable replacement, Sir Basil Spence's controversial design was chosen and the new cathedral was consecrated in 1962. Afterwards, visit Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare's birthplace, where you have time to see the sights and shop for souvenirs. Journey through pretty Cotswold countryside to London and say goodbye to your newfound friends and Travel Director at the end of an exciting and memorable holiday.
Note: prices subject to the availability.
- Stonehenge View the mysterious and ancient stone circle.
- Salisbury See the cathedral.
- Bath Visit the Georgian town.
- Tintern View the Abbey ruins in the Wye Valley in Wales.
- Chester View the timbered buildings known as the 'Rows'.
- Lake District Visit Wordsworth's village, Grasmere.
- Gretna GreenStop at the Border town famous for eloping couples.
- Glasgow Enjoy an orientation tour.
- Scottish Highlands See Loch Lomond, Oban and Fort William.
- St. Andrews View the famous golf course.
- Edinburgh Sightseeing includes the Royal Mile, Princes Street and views of the castle.
- Hadrian's Wall View some of the remains of this Roman wall.
- York View York Minster and explore the Shambles.
- Coventry View the cathedrals.
- Stratford-upon-Avon Visit the town where Shakespeare was born.
- Accommodation in twin-bedded rooms with private facilities.
- All hotel service charges, local taxes, baggage handling and hotel tips are included.
- Travel by luxury air-conditioned coach with reclining seats and a washroom onboard.
- Services throughout the trip of a professional Travel Director.
- Qualified Local Guide in Edinburgh.
- A stylish wallet, travel documents, keepsake booklet and map.
- Dining * 7 full breakfasts. * 3 three-course dinners.